Title and Salary Commensurate with Responsibilities and Experience; Established Promotional Path
Black Twig Marketing & Communications has an immediate opening for an energetic and self-starting team member to join our agency. We’re seeking a PR and marketing professional with a background in and a passion for both Business-to-Consumer and Business-to-Business communications, with an emphasis on developing and executing media relations campaigns and social media strategies including content development. Experience in organic and paid SEO a plus. The position is full time and is available immediately.
- Research, develop, and update new and traditional media lists, editorial campaigns and content calendars for earned media opportunities.
- Create concepts and write content for various marketing communications platforms (news releases, website, e-newsletters, collateral, etc.)
- Arrange subject matter expert interviews and create case studies or bylined articles
- Develop and pitch stories to local, regional and national news media; Monitor client media coverage/follow client news release pick-up
- Manage and report on social media engagement, earned media impressions and digital marketing analytics
- Develop and execute social media content and recommend strategies for B2C and B2B clients (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram) that support client brand, marketing and sales goals
- Oversee social media strategies for multiple and diverse clients
- Create concepts, execute and manage programs for e-newsletters to support client business development goals
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications, journalism, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Three years+ experience with demonstrated success in media relations and social media, all-channel marketing.
- Social media management and writing skills.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills, communications planning, issues and project management skills, creative, resourceful and results oriented.
- Strong strategic skills and marketing messaging, news and feature writing, project management and presentation development.
- Able to manage projects against deadlines; work effectively and adapt to a small or large, corporate or entrepreneurial client organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, exceptional work ethic and high level of energy and creativity.
- Agency experience a plus.