You already know that every company or brand should have a website, but do you know if yours is optimized for business success? If not, it’s time for a change. So, now what? A few pieces of information to sort out:
- Why do I need a new website? What’s the purpose?
- Am I trying keep up with the competition?
- Are my business goals not being met by my current site?
- Who am I building this website for?
- Is it going to make it easier for my customers to do business with me?
- Will it convert prospects into customers?
- Is the board, shareholders or employees going to feel a deeper connection to our company?
It’s not enough for your new website to just be modern-looking with cool graphics, pictures and video. Whether it’s the design or the content, every element of your website should be built with a purpose. Your new site should look great but identifying your primary audience and mapping out how you believe they will interact with it should come first. Once determined, build content that effectively communicates your values, goals and points of differentiation, to the audience you are wanting to build a relationship with.
So, what’s next? It’s important to carve out a select group of individuals within your company to approve concepts along the journey. This doesn’t mean that you choose just anyone, so be particular about who you want to be a part of this project.
By limiting the decision-making process to a select group of individuals at your company, all who understand and are aligned with your values, goals, points of differentiation and the overall objective, you’re able to ensure that every choice made, and opinion offered, reflects your company and is written in a tone that will resonate with your audience.
If you’re interested in a new website or if you’d just like our free website assessment, contact us.